|
|
|
Three Senegalese sailors found dead after navy ship capsizes Dakar, Feb 18 (AFP) Feb 18, 2026 Three sailors from the Senegalese navy who have been missing since their boat capsized February 12 in the north of the country, were found dead Wednesday, the military authorities said in a statement. "The search operations have led to the discovery of three lifeless bodies corresponding to the three missing sailors," the armed forces' press office said. Last week, the military announced the disappearance of three men when their boat capsized at the mouth of the Senegal River. According to the authorities, the vessel "was on a liaison mission and encountered heavy swells due to deteriorating weather conditions." The military announced that they had rescued 10 survivors and recovered "the wreckage." The Senegal River forms the natural border between Senegal and Mauritania to the north and flows into the Atlantic Ocean near the city of Saint-Louis. |
|
All rights reserved. Copyright Agence France-Presse. Sections of the information displayed on this page (dispatches, photographs, logos) are protected by intellectual property rights owned by Agence France-Presse. As a consequence, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, display or in any way commercially exploit any of the content of this section without the prior written consent of Agence France-Presse.
|