by Staff Writers
Beijing (AFP) May 23, 2013
The death toll from a blast at an explosives plant in eastern China earlier this week rose to 33 Thursday as 20 missing people were declared dead, state media reported.
Officials had said Tuesday that the explosion, which occurred the day before in the Shandong province city of Shangqiu, had killed 13 people and left 20 missing.
Xinhua news agency reported Thursday, citing local rescue officials, that the 20 missing had also died, their identities confirmed through DNA tests.
The blast occurred at a three-storey workshop owned by Poly Explosives (Jinan) Co., Xinhua said. A total of 19 people were injured and were in stable condition in local hospitals, the report said.
The cause of the blast was under investigation.
Bringing Order To A World Of Disasters
A world of storm and tempest
When the Earth Quakes
|The content herein, unless otherwise known to be public domain, are Copyright 1995-2014 - Space Media Network. AFP, UPI and IANS news wire stories are copyright Agence France-Presse, United Press International and Indo-Asia News Service. ESA Portal Reports are copyright European Space Agency. All NASA sourced material is public domain. Additional copyrights may apply in whole or part to other bona fide parties. Advertising does not imply endorsement,agreement or approval of any opinions, statements or information provided by Space Media Network on any Web page published or hosted by Space Media Network. Privacy Statement|